Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (935 Views)

HP 120 1132 Configuring Boot Order specifically for this model, not in general, confused.

[ Edited ]

I need actual steps for the this model [Personal Information Removed]. The boot menu, I don't understand it. It's not like the Phoenix Utility Menu found on my Emachine. I need steps because when I change the boot menu to start from flash drive, the program is ignorred and comes up in Windows Desktop. All other Music CDs works fine. I'm use to the Phoenix Utility Menu, not this one. Issues.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (917 Views)

Re: HP 120 1132 Configuring Boot Order specifically for this model, not in general, confused.

[ Edited ]

Your HP Omni 120-1132 Desktop Computer uses a newer UEFI compatible BIOS that may be nothing like your eMachine. Please see HP PCs - About UEFI and the Startup Menu for information on UEFI, the Startup Menu, the Boot Menu, etc.

Please verify that the USB Flash drive is bootable. If the USB drive is bootable, it must be UEFI compatible to work with this computer. UEFI boot devices take presidence over "Legacy" devices. If it isn't UEFI compatible, you may need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" to boot from this USB drive.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (903 Views)

Re: HP 120 1132 Configuring Boot Order specifically for this model, not in general, confused.

Hello....I went back into the HP Utility Menu, pressed F5 to disable the UEFI and so the Legacy would only be recognized. I'm operating on a 64bit All-In-One Desktop, and when I shut off pc, lauch it again under the 64bit computer .... program is also configured for this particular pc vs. the other flash drive I mentioned before on the 32 bit works on my Emachine. Of course the Emachine uses the Phoenix Utility Menu. I even pressed F12 to manually choose this program, it identifies the Realteck CD Rom and puts a / symbol that turns and turns, but nothing happens then Windows Desktop launches instead.

I don't understand why it will work with 32bit Emachine and not with 64bit.  Others at work use 64bit too, don't remember which pc brand at the moment though. I love this pc, the CD for this same program works without a problem, but it's a little slower than the flash drive would give. It's a Workbooth program for Teletech, Inc. It launches a autorun.bat program that bypasses the OS onto a Virtual Desktop connection so not to hurt anything associated with OS. It feeds off the Internet Provider only. Again, on the 32bit Emachine manu in 2002 it works.

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (876 Views)

Hi there, I was wondering if you had a chance to read my last reply. Thanks, Helen

Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (822 Views)

I did not get a response to my last email. This was regarding disabling uefi, allowing legacy to be recognized. It works in the Phoenix Utility Setup, windows detects it and brings it right up.

HP Utility Boot Menu just won't recognize it. I use Centon Flash Drive. I just purchaed this from rent-a-center, warranty lapse while renting it from them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation