cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 2009f Monitor has blue and pinkish flickering lines on certain areas

HP Recommended
HP 2009f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi
As I'm typing this, I'm seeing flickering blue lines (or dots, not sure) around the screen. It could be anywhere but I noticed that it only shows up on whitish areas for the blue lines/dots at least, for the pink lines/dots I think they show up on grayish areas. The lines/dots also move as I try to configure the Contrast via the OSD settings the monitor provides. I can't take a screenshot because it doesn't show up to other users. I'll try to take a picture as soon as I get my hands on a camera though. I have tried connecting to another monitor to see if the problem is in the graphics card but it's not. I also tried to connect my monitor with my cousin's CPU with both the VGA and DVI cable I had and the problem persists. So not a cable issue but the monitor itself. Any suggestions?

This problem wasn't here before. I think it started last year or earlier. Forgot, sorry. Just didn't get bothered by it because I thought that was normal. I don't think this is a "stuck pixel" issue because it moves as I change the contrast.
Not a software issue too because it even shows up in Safe Mode.

No, my monitor is not under warranty anymore as this is already 5 years old lol. The monitor was bought with the HP Pavilion p6355d CPU.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @JT_Yui,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that your monitor has flickering lines on the display. I am happy to help with this.

You have already removed the possibility of the display adapter and the cable, so it is just the display itself to worry about.

Looking through the following page, it does appear that the problem is the display itself.

HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Display Quality Issues

Since it is 5 years old, you are left with two choices depending on what you prefer. Since you have lived with it for a year already, as long as it is otherwise working you may choose to continue. Otherwise it would need to be replaced, as it is likely the cost of a repair, if it is possible, would be similar in cost to a replacement..

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, sir/ma'am.

It's true that the desktop is 5 years old and the monitor might be dying.
The problem doesn't really bother me though it makes some images look awkward since there are pink dots moving around it. I guess I'll stay with the monitor until I can afford a new one.

Thanks for the help again, sir/ma'am Malygris 1.

Oh and one thing... Is it possible that a doorbell (our doorbell is like a fire alarm) set near me and plugged in the same socket on the wall as my AVR caused this? I noticed that when someone rings the doorbell, my mouse would stop as if it was unplugged and makes that Windows sound. Just thought of it as it could be related.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JT_Yui

I can't imagine the doorbell being the cause of the monitor issue. As to it affecting the mouse, this likely means that it is a wireless device, and it happens to be transmitting on the same frequency as the wireless mouse. It may be enough to cause a temporary disconnect, which is what it seems is happening.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Actually, it's a usb mouse connected at the back port of the cpu. Only happens when someone rings for more than 2 seconds and the mouse disconnects for 2-3 seconds. Anyway, thanks for the help. c:
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation