cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
granthik
Level 4
122 113 11 18
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 2009f - screen has turned slightly pinkish

HP Pavilion p6140in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

ive been using my pavilion desktop for 6 years now and while ive had to upgrade the hardware inside the cpu cabinet(3-4 months ago,which includes a mobo,gpu,ram and psu  change,along with upgrading my OS) ive been using the same monitor that came with my model all this time

Recently..today,actually,while i was working the monitor's display suddenly turned darker than the usual.it turned slightly pinkish (magenta-ish kind of)...i didnt tamper with any monitor display settings

i checked the connections and all of them were okay.i tried a factory reset from the monitor menu but that slight pinkish tone remains.There is,for,now,no flickering ,though.

i did a restart,didnt help either

Could anyone help me with this please?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 449 843
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @granthik

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your display is now showing a distorted color set. I am happy to help with this.

What type of display is it (make and model)?

What kind of cable connection are you using (VGA/HDMI/DVI)?

Is there any sign of damage on the cable, such as a bent pin on a VGA cable?

Have you tried a different connection, and if so is it the same on the display?

Please let me know.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
granthik
Level 4
122 113 11 18
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help

and sorry for the delay my internet connection was giving me problems

well make and model would be an HP 2009f (LCD)..or, simply put, the monitor that came with an HP Pavilion p6140in

im using an HDMI connection...the other end's hooked up to my gpu

checked the cable...no signs of damage though there is a lot of dust,but i dont think that is a problem

different connection?no...dont have any other kind of connector actually

0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation