cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 2009m - inconsistent brightness

Hi,

My newly-purchased HP 2009m monitor is inconsistent in brightness and text clarity (especially noticeable when the background is white or any light color).  The top part of the screen is very clear and readable, but as I move my eyes down, the screen gradually grows brighter - with the associated text becoming thinner - and the result is an annoying strain on the eyes.

I've played around with adjusting the height of the monitor (in my case, stacking phone books underneath it :-)) and also tilting the angle of the monitor, but nothing I've done has produced satisfactory results.  (I've also given the auto adjust, brightness, contrast, etc, controls a workout, but the problem remains no matter what I do.)

FWIW, my video card is nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430, and according to nvidia's website my PC has the latest driver (191.07) installed.

I think my options are probably:

1)  deal with it and get used to it, or
2)  return the product to where I bought it.

I'm strongly leaning toward option 2, but I wanted to know if there were any possible solutions before I did so.

If I need to provide any other info, please let me know.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,600 2,583 185 700
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compare it to the store model to see if it is a manufacturing defect.
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,170 21,814 2,517 8,395
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BB, your first option as you describe it is no option at all.  Keeping the monitor, if the problem can't be corrected, is only going to frustrate you.  Don't do this to yourself.  Smiley Sad  If we can't determine the cause, take it back and get one that works correctly.  HP and you will be much happier.  Smiley Very Happy

Okay, here is a link 'Display Quality Issues' for your monitor.  See if this helps.  Did you install the latest drive for the monitor, also?  This should be done before attempting any troubleshooting.

-------------------------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation