Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,116 Views)

HP 2509m turns off ater a few seconds

Hi,  my monitor turns on for about 3 seconds makes a humming noise and shuts off. have been using monitor without problems for almost a year.  The blue power light remains on when it shuts off/turns black.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 3 (2,105 Views)

Re: HP 2509m turns off ater a few seconds

Have you already tested another cable, graphics port at pc and monitor?
>for almost a year
Still under warranty?
If yes, then contact HP for a replacement.
If no, test the monitor at another pc.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (2,097 Views)

Re: HP 2509m turns off ater a few seconds

On Friday, the 2509m monitor had a buzzing sound. It was very annoying, so I turned it off. Later, I started the computer, and everything worked fine until the screen went dark. I restarted it, and the screen would appear for a few seconds and turn dark again. I tried all the cable connections incluidng a new hdmi to no avail. I brought my other monitor and connected it to the computer to see if this was the problem. The monitor worked fine, so I knew it was the 2509m monitor. I called the HP support people to find out if there was a remedy. They told me the monitor was not worth returning for repair. They offered me a new one list pirce of $299.00 minus a $50.00 discount plus another $30.00 discount which brought the price down to $219.99. I declined. I went to Costco today and bought a new Samsung 27" monitor which works just fine. 

I only had the 2909m monitor for 2 yearrs. My Costco warranty on it ended in March 2012, but I bought it through American Express which automatically gives me an additional years. They will honor the price I paid for the new 27" Samsung...over $300. 

I did call a few places to see if the 2509m  monitor could be repaired. None of the local computer repair shops don't repair them.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation