cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
morbs
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 27-k309 AIO - How to turn off monitor?

HP 27-k309
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I turn off the monitor?

I know I can set a "Turn off monitor" delay in the Power options, but how can I turn it off manually?

Tried with a commandline using the nircmd utility (nircmd.exe monitor off). Screen turns off for 1 second, and is turned back on.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Genesis-
Level 2
18 11 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are numerous little programs to turn off monitor, the solution I've used for years is a multi-fuction command from Nirsoft.

You can find detailed intructions here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/create-a-shortcut-or-hotkey-to-turn-off-the-monitor/

I see you discovered this also, the above is for others.

BTW I have a HP 27 AIO also. I made a nice icon for the shortcut and it sits on my taskbar.

The problem you describe (it also affects monitor sleep etc)  I also had when system was Windows 8/8.1...Monitor, sleep would work for about a week after the  Patch Tuesday updates...and then stop working.

Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have not had any issues.

0 Kudos
morbs
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm running Windows 10, and the "nircmd monitor off" will only close the screen for one second.

Have you installed another monitor driver? Or is it the "Generic PnP Monitor"?

0 Kudos
Genesis-
Level 2
18 11 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@morbs wrote:

I'm running Windows 10, and the "nircmd monitor off" will only close the screen for one second.

Have you installed another monitor driver? Or is it the "Generic PnP Monitor"?

Nope, "Generic PnP Monitor" it is.

But i noticed lately, 'nircmd monitor off'  goes to lock screen now.

It occurs to me that perhaps the differnce ppl experiance may be due to which display driver  is in control of screen. the Intel or the Nvidia?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation