Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TheGreenster100 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 500 - 010 xt series Mother Board issue!

HP 500 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So recently for the last few months my PC has been running oddly slow and about 4 days ago the PC would not boot up BIOS. The HD seems fine, I took a look at the caps on the Mother board and they look ok, but who really knows since I cant test  for leakage and etc.

has anyone else had this issue with the 500 Series. I did roll back win 10 to an early version of win 10 but I think this is more of some part on the main board going bad.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheGreenster100 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alright so here is a update.

I have had this happen only once before to which I determined that the Mther board was fried. but now I kinda wonder. : 

I Reset Bios 2 days ago now or in the terms of time 24 hours ago, an d the PC did work. but this morning after about 24 hours, the PC will not go through BIOS and start up.

Any possibility that the Battery could be bad? I could go buy a $4 battery(2 pack) which is what they sell around here. and try that.

any Ideas on this would be nice. because it is kinda hard not to have a computer.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 37
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @TheGreenster100

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you!

I understand that your  Pavilion 500-010xt is having a boot issue. 

You may want to start troubleshooting with this document which will guide you thought performing a hard reset, various boot issues and hardware tests. 

Please get back to me how this goes. If you found this information helpful in resolving the issue, please take a moment to select Accept as Solution or click the Thumbs Up at the bottom of this post!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation