cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KG908
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 500-267c stuck at startup

HP Recommended
HP 500-267C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have been getting the CPU Fan error F1 to boot for weeks.  i have been hitting F1 and booting has been fine until last night.  last night, hitting F1 does nothing.  I powered down the machine, powered up and tried to hit F2. no response. Tried again hitting F8, no response.  Tried F10, no reponse.

I am stuck at the screen that says CPU fan error.  F1 to boot.

I have turned off the machine, turned on again and tried the function keys F1 through F10 and got no response.  what should i do next?

10 minutes before geting stuck, i ran the Hardware Diagnostics System Fast Test checks and everything passed.

Any assistance to get my PC working again is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 952
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @KG908

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is not booting to the desktop and you are getting a CPU fan error. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you made any hardware changes on the computer?

Recommend you do try the steps suggested in this HP Article.

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation