Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Marcus-E Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 8000 small form factor SSD

HP Compaq 8000 Elite Ultra Sli
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anybody put SSDs in these Elite 8000 sff machines yet and if you have what size.  HP chat support say only 64GB but cant give me any reason what the machine cant address more than that when it can address a 1TB Hard drive.

Can anybody shed any light on this or tell me they have put in a 500GB SDD and found it works 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
103183 93735 14393 22114
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I put a Sandisk 240 GB SSD in my 8000 Elite CMT and it works just fine.

Didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for a 480 GB one.

I see no reason why you couldn't install a 500 GB SSD.

Bear in mind that it will only run at the SATA II (3.0 GB/S) speed.

The first PC in that class that can run a SATA III HDD or SSD at the SATA III (6.0 GB/S speed) is the 8200 Elite model series.

Also you should be able to install up to a 2 TB mechanical hard drive in the machine.

Marcus-E Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brillant thank you now why could I not get that simple anser from Tech support.  "as long as you keep to sata II you will be fine" ?

I have the small form factor not the CMT but I dont see why it should be diffent 

Even at SATA II speeds it will be a lot faster than the current drive.  Shame i cant have them both in this chasis  but thank you so much.   I might follow your lead and go 240 with an external 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation