Note on archived topics.
05-13-2016 05:34 AM
* My DVD writer wouldn't read any dvd/cd so I replaced with a new one. The system flickered and went off.
* Pushing power button didn'tdo anything.
* Power supply smelled ok. took apart and no burn spots or bulging compasitors
* Unplugged power cable from power supply, waited a minute and plugged back in. Green light on Motherboard on.
* Unplugged Power cord and held in power button for 30 seconds.
* removed all components including CPU. No burn holes in CPU.
* Power cord wrks fine on monitor. Switched power cords with monitor
* Removed motherboard. No burn marks on motherboard.
* Removed CMOS battery. Shows 3 volt. Replaced. Held in cmos button on motherboard.
* reset bios jumper on motherboard
* No switch to flip from 110 to 220 nor a power indicator near power cord plugin
* Connected Green and black wire with paperclip and fan turned on power supply.
* checked wires on power supply and volts ok. White wire never got voltage. Power on wire?
* Tried hair dryer on power supply fan.
* Motherboard has NO bulging compasitors.
* Don't know how to by pass power switch.
* Don't know if Power supply or Motherboard or something else
Thanks for your help,