cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jessie711
Level 3
32 20 2 2
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Advisor version 3.2 for windows 7

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion Desktop a6234x and a Pavilion Elite m9040n and have just upgraded them to Windows 7 from Windows Vista.

Both have HP Advisor version 3.1 and it shows I have no virus protection even though I have Microsoft Security Essentials running on both computers.

I understand that there is an HP Advisor version 3.2 for windows 7 can anyone tell me how/where to download Version 3.2?  

Thanks

Jessie

15 REPLIES 15
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,779
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The latest HP Advisor Application Version:3.3.12286 can be downloaded from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL34630/pv-85800-1/sp46210.exe

But to my knowledge, it too does not recognize Microsoft Security Essentials. I would suggest you ignore the antivirus part of HP Advisor.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Jessie711
Author
Level 3
32 20 2 2
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Vidya,

Downloaded and installed.

Jessie

0 Kudos
ciscruz
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, is this compatible with hp dm4 1009tx? im using windows 7 64bit..thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,779
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ciscruz
Yes, the HP Support Assistant link given is compatible with both 64-bit and 32-bit version of Windows.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
jogeorgina
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do i get correct time on computor

0 Kudos
rosada
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you ross

@Jessie711 wrote:

I have a HP Pavilion Desktop a6234x and a Pavilion Elite m9040n and have just upgraded them to Windows 7 from Windows Vista.

Both have HP Advisor version 3.1 and it shows I have no virus protection even though I have Microsoft Security Essentials running on both computers.

I understand that there is an HP Advisor version 3.2 for windows 7 can anyone tell me how/where to download Version 3.2?  

Thanks

Jessie

0 Kudos
MyronM
3 1 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I downloaded and installed HP Advisor 3.3 but it will not run. The installation utility said it was installed but it does not show up in my "programs" control panel. Also, I just noticed it requires .NET Framwork 3.5 (and I think I only have 1 but I'm afraid to upgrade it)... I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7... the older version of HP Advisor I had was 1.3... I don't use Advisor much and I don't want to screw up the system I have now as eveything else is working properly.

0 Kudos
dianak1202
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to upgrade my cpu will the above work it appears it will

0 Kudos
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,779
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dianak1202
Please provide the model number or the product number of your system to check and get back to you.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation