Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RGH406 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP AssistaNT AND wINDOWS 8.1

i Have an HP Pavillion  mod 500-164.  It came with Windows 8.  I have upgraded to WIndows 8.1  so I could run Norton Internet Security which is not compatable with Windows 8. 

Several weeks later, I get a message fromthe HP assistant stating me my PC was not tested with WIndows 8.1 and I may have compatability issues.  It asks me to enter my product number and it will test compatability.  I entered the product number and nothing happens.  I then tried having HP detect the number.  It gets a short way in the process then hangs.   No error messages.

My PC seems to be running OK and I have not yet experienced any compatability issues.

ANy thoughts?

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2189
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi RGH406,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion 500 Desktop and the HP Support Assistant giving an error message. I would uninstall the HP Support Assistant and here is a link to download and reinstall it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Tags (1)
RGH406 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for the solution.  That seemed to resolve my problem! 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation