cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ArkyNZ Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Compaq 6000 Pro AIO - Memory Upgrade Issue

HP Compaq 6000 Pro AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I purchased a new HP 6000 Pro AIO a year or so ago.  Standard memory was 2 gig.  Has been upraded from W7 Pro to W10 Pro.  Recently I decided to upgrade to 2x4 Gig Memory Modules.

They installed fine - and the machine is working well and much faster.  

However, the System Info and Task Manager both Show Installed RAM as 8.0gig with only 3.44 Gig Useable.

I'm probably not getting all the memory resources I should be.  Can anyone advise what I can to to increase the useable RAM.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PhD Student
PhD Student
1,020 963 31 106
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Compaq 6000 Pro AIO - Memory Upgrade Issue

Hi

32 bit Windows OS will only use / address 4 GB of ram, and from that is taken some for Graphics, meaning you get to utilise slightly over 3GB.

3.44 GB is quite good actually.

There is a PAE, which can go beyond 4GB.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation