Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I don't know what country you're from, but I would assume that there are some ebay sellers that ship to where you live. Personally, I would check out ebay or something and see if there is a cheap used oem psu. I feel like there would be a higher chance of success for it to work right out of the box.
HP Recommended

It seems like this power supply would work as a perfect replacement upgrade, correct me if I'm wrong?

I think it uses the same three power cables as the proprietary 240w HP PSU, right?

In the picture, it says it uses a "4-pin ATX, 6-pin PCI, and a 6-pin AUX connector.

So sure I would have to duck tape it to the outside of the shell but I don't care!

Am I wrong or would this be an easy upgrade?  All I need is 300w of wattage.  With this, would I have to do any re-wiring or could I just unplug everything from the old PSU and plug this into everything?

HP Recommended
As far as I know it should be plug and play.
If your 240w psu is like mine, then on the p2 6 pin plug there are only 5 wires. The 6th that this psu would add is just a ground. That's the only difference that I know of, so as far as I can tell it should work just fine!
Easy way to get a 750 ti or similar to work in your system 🙂
HP Recommended

Okay, can I get a few more people to second this, to make sure it's plug and play?  I don't want to spend half a hundred bucks on a piece of metal haha!

The 750 Ti was actually the exact one I want for it!

I suppose I could throw it at someone if it isn't compatible... That's a use for it heh :cattongue:

HP Recommended
Lol there's using your head! 😉
HP Recommended
750Ti compatible with dc8000 hp ?
HP Recommended
If you have a power supply that is 300 watts or greater and a pciex16 slot (which all of the elites should have) then yes, it's compatible.
However, if you have a small form factor case, then it will NOT physically fit. Unless they make a 750 ti that's designed to fit in small form factor cases (I don't know if such a model exists) you'll either need to ghetto hack things to fit, or have a normal sized case.
Btw, in case (ha...) anyone was wondering, a small form factor motherboard from an hp elite will NOT work in a standard ATX case. Everything is layed out differently, so don't go out and buy a new case 🙂
HP Recommended
Hey check it! They do make a 750 ti for small form factor cases!

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=14-125-680

BTW this link is from my phone, so if it doesn't work, it's the Gigabyte low profile model on Newegg.
HP Recommended
My HP Elite 8200 has a AMD Radeon HD 6350, so wouldn't a normal GTX 750 Ti fit just fine as a replacement?
HP Recommended
Im not sure. Is your computer pretty thin? Or is it a normal size case?
A quick way to tell is to look at the back of the computer where the video outputs on the current gpu is (or if there isn't one, simply where the expansion slots are) and to measure how wide the little metal faceplate is. If it's like 4 1/2 - 5 inches (or 12-13 cm) then you can put a normal graphics card in there. If it's more like 2 1/2 - 3 inches (7-8 cm) then you have a small form factor case, and your gpu options are limited.
I linked to the Gigabyte card because it gives you two metal face plate/output options, so it'll fit in either scenario.
Does that make sense? Let me know if it doesn't!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.