Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RonZ1 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor PC Specifications

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
103144 93696 14385 22108
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the quickspecs for the dc7800.

http://www.nordykassociates.com/pdf/dc7800%20QuickSpecs.pdf

I own one myself, so if you have any specific questions about the PC, please feel free to ask.

I'm running W10 Pro 64 bit on mine, and it works fine.

The original operating system for the dc7800 was Windows Vista Business, or Vista Business downgraded to XP Pro.

0 Kudos
RonZ1 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was told when I received them that two were bought with higher processing speeds. They have a mixture of VISTA Business OS with some downgraded to XP PRO. I received Restore discs with three that have VISTA BUSINESS and not downgraded. Of those, one is stll running OK, one is hung on the Windows Welcome screen and the third was runnning OK but as of Monday a red light flashes on the front of the PC and beeps. My intent is to put the RAM (assuming it's compatible) in the best three, get them running with their original OS and then upgrade them to WIN 10. However, I am trying to get the exact specs for each device to determine the best three. P.S. I would also appreciate any suggestions on the Welcome Screen hanging and the flashing red light.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103144 93696 14385 22108
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can get the exact specs for each machine off the silver label where the serial number is located on the case.

You will have to use the decoding tool on page 5 on the link I posted the other day, to derive the specs.

Please read Appendix A, of the troubleshooting guide below, starting on page 55 for the list of beep codes, possible causes, and recommended troubleshooting steps.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3459240&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01...

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with the Welcome Screen hanging.  It could be anything.

RonZ1 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, no model number like the one on page 5 is on the silver label. An example of one's label includes S/N  2UA8280H7G P/N GC760 AV. Also on the label is GC455 AV

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation