Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
spotty99999 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Cooling systems Liquid Thermal

HP Envy 860st 6700k Intel
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased this computer this past april.  My previous HP I owned for 6 Years before theLiquid thermal cooling system died.  I made many efforts to have it fixed but to no avail.  With my current new HP I ordered CTO with the thermal cooling system.  This desktop has lights on the front the you can set to all kinds of different things I have mine set to CPU Heat.  It continously runs light yellow which HP says is where it should be.  As I mentioned in the description I have a Intel 6700K chip which is meant to be overclocked.  Now I am not running it overclocked, However to expand my knowledge I did follow a Video from Intel on How to overclock this chip and I did so, only minor mghz adjustment of .3.  But one of the programs includes your fan and cooling settings which allowed me to increase the output of the fan, during the few days I experminted with this process I ran with Green colors on the front.  I have removed all overclocking software and completed a system recovery since.  After all that information, my question is HP to my knowledge does not provide a maintaince procedure for the liquid thermal cooling system.  After watching a video  from a well known youtube channel Linus tech Tips, he discussed how the thermal solution is supposed to be changed periodically.  What should a HP user with this hardware do to lengthen the life of this piece of hardware beside the obvious cleaning of dust from fans so on and so forth.  Thanks  My previous computer was a HP h9 Envy i7 4.1mghz, so this computer is almost identical.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 336
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@spotty99999,

Welcome to forums HP Forums. One stop for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unable to find the cooling system maintenance on your PC. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

I surely understand your technical expertise on computers and would like to help. Not all customers are tech savvy, that being said,

they might cause damage to other internal components if they were to replace the coolant themselves.

That’s the reason, we have a light indicator on the front of the PC to indicate if the coolant needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
719 20 111
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its a closed loop cooling solution. No maintence required and you NEVER have to change the liquid cooling. This person works @HP and is telling you the wrong information. Pretty scary. Some people like to change their thermal paste every year or 2. You can do that if you choose and are technically inclined enough to do so. 

As for the light. If and when it turns red. That means its running hot. 

Telling people wrong information by a member @HP themselves should not be posting on here. Let alone working @HP when a consumer has more knowledge about this then them. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation