Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KimberleyAnne Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DC 7700 CMT SATA Cabling? Color Schemes? Connecting Orders?

HP DC 7700 CMT
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Dear Gurus:

Sata Port Color Coding meaningful?

There are 4 Sata Ports on the Logic Boards 0,1,2,3.

Q1: To what ports? How to connect 3 1/2" HDD? 2 1/2" SSD? DVD Drive? In what orders?

Q2. Pertaining to Win 7.1 Pro. I have an old 3 1/2" 80 GB HD which contains the original BootMgr. 
Later, I installed another 3 1/2" 250 GB with Win7.1pro, for the sake of greater capacity. Yet, Poor Performance. I installed another 2 1/2" 250 GB SSD. I cloned the content of the 250 GB HDD over. Currently! This Desktop cannot boot without the original 80 GB HDD. Work around? Please!

Many Thanks!

Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!

KimberleyAnne
Spoiler
:smileyembarrassed:
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
104087 94639 14566 22380
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

As far as I am aware, you need to install the primary hard drive that you boot from in port 0.

A second hard drive that will be used for data goes into port 1.

DVD drives in ports 2 and 3.

I would suggest that you clean install Windows if you can't boot from your preferred drive in port 0.

0 Kudos
KimberleyAnne Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thx!

The reason why I cannot reboot with the SSD alone, is because the original, from the Factory, 80GB HDD contains the BootMgr.

K

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation