Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Posts: 3
Member Since: ‎06-22-2014
Message 1 of 1 (176 Views)

HP DC7800 back panel replacement

I have a HP DC7800 that i bought a while back
and want to repurpose it by giving it a graphics upgrade with a HDMI output. I have a
spare low profile Nvidia GT520
graphics card that is compatible with the system
board and has the required HDMI i need for the
system. The problem is, the system i purchased
came with the full height PCI option so i am
unable to access the PCI-E slot i need for the
graphics card.
Is there a way i can replace the back panel that
has the PCI Riser with the back panel that has
the 4 Low profile slots accessible, and if so and if
at all possible, where can i get said back panel.
Thank You
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation