Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC -870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Akhama

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy 

As I understand you need information on SSID or is it SSD storage on your HP desktop,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What do you mean SSID is not true? could you elaborate for more clarity?

Did you check you user guide or service manual guide for assistance?

While you respond to that, here's your product specification:

256 GB 3D TLC Solid State

• Size: 256 GB

• Interface: SATA

• Type: 3D TLC Solid State

• Width: 2.5 in (6.35 cm)

1 TB

• Size: 1 TB

• Interface: SATA

• Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted for further assistance Smiley Wink

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but the question in the description of the motherboard on the website. I think that information is incorrect and misleads users.

HP Recommended

@Akhama

Thank you for replying 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand your concern or so I think as I'm still not sure what exactly is it that you are referring to,

Perhaps, you can reply with what you are trying to do and why you think the motherboard information is incorrect or misleading, so that I may have it rectified or explain the details about the same.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Некорректное SSID: 2B4B

Правильный SSID:  830C

SSID: 2B4B имеет материнскую плату  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04790224?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003

2017-05-15_23-15-46.png2017-05-15_22-51-38.png

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Your thinking SSD, not SSID. Sorry I had to jump into this. OK ??

@Akhama

That unit has 4 variations of BIOS.  Your asking about a motherboard with the ROM Family SSID 2B4B.   Here are the various ROM's used in that board.  Each board is marked with the SSID and the codes.

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B4B)

A0.47 Rev.A 18.7 MB Jan 6, 2017

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 828A)

F.24 Rev.A 8.2 MB Mar 24, 2017

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82F1)

F.06 Rev.A 7.9 MB Mar 24, 2017

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 830C)

F.03 Rev.A 8.0 MB Mar 24, 2017

The initial release  date of the unit was 19-Jan-2017, so those units had 2B4B,

if you unit has the 830C then it was relased late March or April 2017.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

So in essence and unless I'm mistaken he's right and his question still stands and awaits response / update: why this information is not shown correctly?

HP Recommended

@krzemien,

Not sure why your into this inquiry?

HP will post the initial product release, and in this case, it was Jan 2017.  As different variations of that exact model are produced, there can be different SSID ROM Family BIOS.  It is not interchangeable.  The original poster (OP) Akhama has the latest update in the product, and it has  830C which was relased late March or April 2017.

Now, your objection has be noted. What do you want?  Are you party to the OP ?   Looking at the BIOS update page lists the 4 different BIOS packages.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Why am I in this enquiry?

I do own PC with this motherboard. And I happened to have received four separate BIOS updates via HP Assistant in the past - matching four different separate SSIDs - as per another e-mail thread about it. It took me some time to clarify / choose correct one based on the very limited - and as you can see - confusing information available for this motherboard.

How's that for an answer?

Also, you really misread what OP enquired about - and I merely pointed out that your explanation is not sufficient.

You wrote:

As different variations of that exact model are produced, there can be different SSID ROM Family BIOS

So this question really stands: Should this information simply not be indicated on the product page by any chance? Otherwise it's - indeed - confusing?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.