cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Digital Imaging Monitor has stopped working.

HP Recommended

I get a message that HP Digital Imaging Monitor has stopped working when I boot up.

My printer is a Photosmart 8180 and all updates are installed.  My OS is Win7 x64. with all updates and I am using NIS 2012 again with all updates.

I then get a message letting me allow windows to fix the problem and then close down which I allow but the problem still comes back.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello billf2,

Norton may be blocking the DIM from running and that's why you are getting the message

Try adding the following programs to your antivirus and / or windows firewall exception list

hpqtra08.exe

hpqste08.exe

hpqgbc01.exe

hpqbam08.exe

Let me know if the problem continues after adding them to the exception list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

where are those files located I cannot find them anywhere to add the exclusion. I continue to loose the ability to wirelesslsy use this all in one printer. I can not find any rhyme or reason for it to quit. I scanned afew photos in and it's gone. I am using a dell xps win 7 home premium. HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m BT. It has been unistalled and reinstalled, printer Dr and all kinds of other suggestions by HP forums. I have granted it full trust and excluded it from IPS scanning. same ole.  It didn't affect my laptop until yesterday, now it suddenly too is acting up. Any help is appreciated.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation