Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Dreamcolor Z32X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

I just bought the HP Dreamcolor Z32X. It´s realy a superb display. I need it for colorcritical tasks, like colorgrading for TV and cinema. In the ad that hp produces, it says, that this is the monitor for exact this work - eg. grading for cinema - as pixar uses it on hundrets of workstations.

As you might now, the standard color space for cinema is DCI P3. The monitor comes pregraded in sRGB, Adobe RGB and Rec709. All fine with this color spaces, but I do miss the colorspace for cinema, wich is DCI P3.

If I siwtch the color spaces on the panel - the huge differences between the colors suprises me a lot - which is in this case a realy bad thing.

There is the HP DreamColor Calibration System (DCS) available. Is it possible to calibrate the HP Dreamcolor Z32x to the DCI P3 Colorspace? Well, I guess not realy, because I assume that if the panel would support this colorspace, HP would provide it already. But is there a chance to get closly to the DCI P3 colorspace?

If not, hp promises in the ads something that´s just not ture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fZnpZ5ndoE with theater color accuracy - showing the Z32X Panel in the transition between the worksation and the cinema projection and back to the Z32X panel.

Hope for help - want to grade accuratly for cinema.

Thanks a lot.,

Br,

Felix

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Felix,

Yes you have to use the software to obtain other calibrations than those proposed.

Good luck!

Mat

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.