cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sharule89
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Drive encryption

HP proOne 400 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, on 12/1 I bought a pc from a previous owner (2 monthes old), rebooted and with a clean install I downloaden and installed some things including hp pw recovery (did not know what it rlly was). now I downloaded a torrent which had a trotux mallware. I chose to reboot again instead of removing the malware, all went fine untill I had to enter my pw for HP drive Encryption (winmagic). I remember the pw but it says its wrong. And now there is no way i can login to windows..

what to do now??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
18,248 18,193 1,705 3,998
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Drive encryption

Sharule89

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but there is no way around entering the correct password for the HP encryption.  If there was, there would not be any point in doing the encryption in the first place.

Your only recourse at this point will be to wipe the drive and do a complete reinstall.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Sharule89
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Drive encryption

Thank you very much?
I understand, but i do have the right pw. But it seems hp encryption does not work with windows 10? Hoe can inteinstall?
I heard someone with the same problem got a new device from hp because hp cant fix it either.
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
18,248 18,193 1,705 3,998
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Drive encryption

Sharule89

If you're looking to get a device replaced, this is just a community self-help forum and we are not authorized to deal with equipment replacement or return.  For those issues, you have to contact HP Customer Support directly.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Sharule89
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Drive encryption

I did not say i merely want to replace the device!
i just metioned that it was a solution in one case..hp offerd me a recovery cd btw after I wiped the hdd.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation