cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LostInSpaceCamp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ENVY 700-230qe CTO Wireless Card Upgrade?

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-230qe CTO Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm sick nd tired of this worthless RalinkRT3290 that came inside this tower.  Numerous driver upgrades/downgrades and power configurations to find the most stable platform only to have to reinvent the process a few months later has led me to the nuclear option.

Can anyone tell me

1. Is there a whitelist for this setup limiting my options?

2. Suggested mini card to upgrade with?

3. Anyone with real world experience on said issue?

Thanks, and thanks HP for filling out a decent setup with a cheap ol card.  You couldn't save a dime on the Battlestar Galactica Red LED front instead?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,333 119,510 19,525 29,845
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

This person states there is no BIOS whitelist in the desktop PC's.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Upgrading-HP-Pavilion-Slimline-S5780T-...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation