Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy h8-1437c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a need to get to my mainboard bios setup to make possible changes for an issue that I have, I have tried every function key, esc, del, etc during restart to no avail. Have not found any resolutions on the internet to help. Please help I really do need to get to the BIOS UTILITY SETUP.

thanks

art1944

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Unless you passworded the setup menu or BIOS the following should work.

Press the power button and then immediately begin tapping the F10 key.

That invokes the BIOS on all HP notebooks and desktop PCs.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, I had tried that, and just tried it again won't go there, just restarts normally. WOW this is a bummer. I really do need to get to my bios.

HP Recommended

I will ask to have your issue escalated to the relevant team at HP.  Done! Escalation requested at 1853 CET 05/02/2015

Is your desktop PC still in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

No my desktop is no longer under waranty, isn't that how it usually works out. I sure hope someone here has an answer.

thanks

HP Recommended

@art1944

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

@erico - Thank you for notifying us about art1944's concern. 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

HP Recommended

OK, I found one issue, that the wireless keyboard was not working, I removed both the keyboard and mouse, and plugged in my wired usb keyboard and mouse, having done that my function keys are working and I get to several different utilities now EXCEPT for the BIOS SETUP UTILITY, none of the function keys get me there, HELP.

thanks

art1944

HP Recommended

My latest, I replaced PSU, fans for hardware, no change, I put pc in clean boot and while in clean boot the same issue happened. Still can't get to my bios setup utility, no matter what key I hold during restart. Was hoping not to have to go back to day one, have a lot of stuff to replace, open for any suggestions.

thx

art1944

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.