cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
moreofless2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP ENVY Desktop - 750-114

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an HP ENVY Desktop - 750-114 yesterday.  After getting it up and running, I noticed the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen has a red "X" over it.  I allowed windows to troubleshoot it but it responds it is not connected.  Doesn't this model have a speaker below the DVD drive?  How do I get this to work?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
SDJL
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 333
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @moreofless2,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Thank you for posting. I have read your post and understand that the speaker icon has the a red x, and you want to remove that. I wanted to assist.

From the specifications below, the Envy 750-114 desktop PC has not a built-in speaker. You need to connect headphones or external speakers.

HP ENVY 750-114 Desktop PC Product Specifications

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
C2bo
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I just bought an HP ENVY Desktop 750-116 and I noticed the same problem. It corrected when I plugged in a headset so I think the X just indicates something has to be plugged into the port. I hope this helped, I'm hving other issues I'm trying to find solutions to.

0 Kudos
babesthe
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am still confused with the specifications you shared. There is in fact a speaker below the disk drive. There are advertisements saying Bang and Olyfsen Audio. I have this exact model and deal with the issue that Windows says there are no speakers attached. Please and thank you!

0 Kudos
Luke_Pixel
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there is no internal speaker. you have to get an external speaker.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation