cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jbones
Level 1
10 9 0 1
Message 11 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Phoenix 810-135qe PC

I was thinking the same Naveman00. I have 3 years of tech support. They have taken remote of my computer and said there is nothing wrong. Well the last PC I CTOed is Pavilion HPE series and its faster then the Envy. I my Envy I have 32 gig of memory while the HPE has 8 however, the Envy still comes up with the PC is not optimized. It goes on to say something about the graphics's card sharing memory. I guess I will also upgrade that as well.

0 Kudos
Naveman00
Level 1
7 7 0 1
Message 12 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jbones,

It's also curious that you mention the graphics card... my understanding was that graphics cards increase the (refresh) rate of the screen (better graphics card = faster graphics) for better games and such BUT I work purely in the music world and hence one would think that the graphics card should not hold sway over to my audio work.

I am significantly confused.

I also just had some warranty work that was done and it was performed relatively well. I.e. quick, polite tech (AT&T!), in-home, experienced etc... They figured out the issue and repaired it in due time.

I also have 32 gigs of memory and for the life of me cannot figure out why this computer is sooooo slow!! Uggh.    🙂

If I hear anything I will push the info your way.

Cheers,

-Naveman00

0 Kudos
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 13 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good morning, I really doubt you have to do a recovery of your pc. When you were asked to give more information about your HP pc the one thing that might have been helpful to diagnose wasn't mentioned.

Open up "Task Manager" by pressing Control Alt Delete at the same time......now open the tab that says "Start Up"..can you take a screen shot of that window? If not just type into your reply what it says in Start Up.

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
jbones
Level 1
10 9 0 1
Message 14 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Redshore,

Im running Win 7 pro and dont have a startup tab in task manager. I do have one that says processes. Is this by chance the same? If so it will not let me print screen which I believe is the same as a screen shot but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Heres what it says in processes and I click on all users,

CLMLSvc_P2GB.exe*32  Jason, CPU00 Memory 504K, CyberLink MediaLibrary service

csrss.exe, system, CPU 00 Memory 2,116K, client server runtime process

csrss.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 2,460K, client server runtime process

dwm.exe, jason, CPU 00, memory 19,060K, desktop window manager

explorer.exe, jason, CPU 00, memory 35,228K, windows explorer

firefox.exe*32, jason, CPU 00, memory 140,928K, firefox

lsass.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 6,352K, local security authority process

lsm.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 2,024K, local session manager service

nis.exe*32, system, CPU 00, memory 7,652K, norton internet security

nis.exe*32, jason, CPU 6,264K, norton internet security

officeclicktorun.exe, system, CPU 00, memory22,696K microsoft office click-to-run

SearchIndexer.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 20,408K, microsoft windows search indexer

services.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 5,620, services and controller app

smss.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 688K, windows session mamager

spoolsv.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 11,088K, spooler subSystem app

svchost.exe, local, CPU 00, memory 14,520K host process for windows services

svchost.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 243,508K host process for windows services

svchost.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 24,424K host process for windows services

svchost.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 4,772K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, network, CPU 00, memory 5,400K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, local, CPU 00, memory 10,648K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, network, CPU 00, memory 10,108K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, local, CPU 00, memory 5,656K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, local, CPU 00, memory 1,356K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, local, CPU 00, memory 7,568K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, network, CPU 00, memory 2,056K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, local, CPU 00, memory 7,744K, host process for windows services

svchost.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 1,704K, host process for windows services

system, system, CPU 00, memory 488K, NT Kernel & System

System Idel Process, system, CPU 99, 24K, percentage of time the processor is idel

taskeng.exe, jason, CPU 00, memory 2,868K, task scheduler engine

taskeng.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 2,324K, task scheduler engine

taskhost.exe, jason, CPU 00, memory 4,748, host process for windows tasks

taskmge.exe, jason, CPU 00, memory 3,540K, windows task manager

wininit.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 1,772K, windows start-up application

winlogon.exe, system, CPU 00, memory 3,744K, windows logon application

WLIDSVC.EXE, system, CPU 00, memory 7,020K, microsoft windows live ID service

WLIDSVMC.EXE, system, CPU 00, memory 1,936K, microsoft windows live ID service monitor

wmpnetwk.exe network, CPU 00, memory 3,776, windows medica player network sharing service

Thank you for your help by the way.

0 Kudos
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 15 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, sorry about not getting back sooner. I'm getting over surgery and am recuperating at home.

You and the other person both have what seems like overall slow computers, well, I bought mine this past Nov/dec.

Here are my specs

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-700-Desktop-PC-series/6886619/model/7084021/document/c04...

From day one mine too is slow to boot up, even when it was just out of the box I had a pc tech look at it & he said it seemed very slow.

Once it's up & running it's ok. I can play some games, use Lightroom etc.

After looking over the processes you show as running there's nothing there that shouldn't be and none of them should slow down your pc. Actually your list is much shorter than mine..I have on average 86 processes running.

There's a few articles relating to this I'm going to look over & if I find anything that may be of help I'll let you know.

Best

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
jbones
Level 1
10 9 0 1
Message 16 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Red shore,

Thank you very much and I wish you a speedy recovery. I myself am healing from my eighth spinal surgery. My whole spine is in the process of being fused. **bleep** screws and rods hurt like hell. I'm a professional musician and have not been able to play for (2) years now as a result of the surgery.

My PC out of the box had a problem with the OS. Hp sent me a new HD and a set of disk's to reload the OS. For a liquid cooled 64bit PC with 32gigs of RAM is just not right. By the way, how do I find my configuration? This was a CTO and I sure would like to have a copy of same.

Thanks again my friend,

Bones

0 Kudos
Naveman00
Level 1
7 7 0 1
Message 17 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Small World folks... I just had my first back surgery about two weeks ago, I had a two level L4-L5-LS1 disc fusion, with the potential for more surgeries in the future! Yeah!

AND, we seem to be having similar computer issues! 🙂

I am beginning to think that it cannot just be a coincidence that multiple people are having extremely similar issues with the exact same model... the HP ENVY Phoenix 810-135qe. It might be prudent to contact HP as a group stating that we ALL have similar problems and would like thorough tests to be performed by an independent contractor. Thoughts?

My experience with HP has been positive and it might just help us figure this out.

Hope everyone heals up and feels better!

-Naveman00

0 Kudos
jbones
Level 1
10 9 0 1
Message 18 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Naveman00,

My wife's cousin has worked for HP for 25+years. He's a VP of the computer division. I will shoot him an email regarding your idea about contacting HP as a group and see what he suggests.

I wish you a speedy recovery sir. My back is fusing right now from L3-T10. I also have S1-L3 fused with hardware and C2-C5. I have more steel in me then a 1940 Buick bumper.

I'm also hoping Redshore might find something as well.

Peace
0 Kudos
Naveman00
Level 1
7 7 0 1
Message 19 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bones,

That is an absolutely great (and fortuitous) idea! And I think it is definitely worth a shot! 

And unfortunately it does sound like you have more steel in you than in a 1940 Buick bumper... my friends are currently calling me the "Six Hundred Dollar Man" which leaves me with an opening to make it up to a "Six Million Dollar Man" in the not too distant future! Life sure is tough but if you can't laugh... Anyways, I truly hope that you fair well and that you don't have ANY more surgeries-- EVER!!

Good luck and we will be standing by for any information from your HP Colleague.

Best Regards,

Naveman00

Highlighted
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 20 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jbones, this should be your system configuration, to the right you'll find Product Specs, Motherboard Specs and so on.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-810-100-Desktop-PC-series/5399342/model/6667348/...

I haven't found anything that's worth posting yet but as both of you know, getting over surgery can make you feel tired & sleepy a lot.

I'll continue to search for possible answers beyond the obvious ones we all likely know of

Edit...check your "Power Options" in Control Panel"...What is your system set at? "Power Saver" "Balanced" or "High Performance"?

I have mine set at High Performance. You could try changing your system and see if it makes any difference, the worst it could do is no improvement and you can always set it back.

Just a thought.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation