Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

have a HP8300 CMT that I want to add RAID 1 (Mirror Drives)  to.  It has a 500GB drive I have ordered a matching drive.  Do I have to enable RAID in Setup (BIOS SATA Emulation) before using Intel Rapid Storage Manager from Windows?  Can I avoid doing a full OS Install and just have the new disk come online as a mirrored copy?

I have read the manuals available online and it isn't clear.  I'm using Windows 7 Pro - 64

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Yes some BIOS need to be changed but if your chipset is intel and you planning to use the instel software you have big chances to the software do everything to you just setup at software seat and relax. You dont need to reinstall windows just do the RAID.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.