cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
whwoody
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Elite 8300 RAID

HP Recommended
HP Elite 8300 CMT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP8300 CMT that I want to add RAID 1 (Mirror Drives)  to an already running compter that has a 500GB drive.  I have ordered a matching drive.  Do I have to enable RAID in Setup (BIOS SATA Emulation) before using Intel Rapid Storage Manager from Windows?  Can I avoid doing a full OS Install and just have the new disk come online as a mirrored copy?

I have read the manuals available online and it isn't clear if the BIOs Setup for RAID is required or if it is an option to the Intel Software. 

I'm using Windows 7 Pro - 64

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation