Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

A few days ago I received a computer HP Elite 8300 SFF, but what happens is that when I restart the computer - the first shut down a complete PC, wait several seconds and then power on again comp, so this takes a lot longer than with computers that I previously had, where restart don't shut down entire PC and wait and powering on   ... the only thing I tried is setting the BIOS to default and update to the latest version but it did not help.
I do not know whether this is a normal condition for this computer, but my friend has a very similar component, the HP Elite 8000 SFF and for him this is not happening so for him restart is three times shorter than for me ... I've tried on Win7 and on Win10 , the same state.

Sorry for bad English and thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the 8300 Elite, restarting that way is normal.  Around a 3 - 4 second delay.

I have the 8200 Elite, and mine does the same thing.

I also have an 8000 Elite, and it restarts immediately.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but I wonder if it can be some settings in the BIOS to get the same speed restart like HP Elite 8000.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, none that I know of other than to have the fast boot enabled and the post delay in seconds set to zero (those are the default settings).

See chapter 3 page 28 for the relevant BIOS settings regarding boot up time.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5232859&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03...

How many seconds/minutes does it take for the PC to restart itself?

On mine it is only about 3 - 4 seconds which is normal for that model's BIOS.

HP Recommended

For me is about the same, so  if this is normal for that BIOS model's - OK.

I noticed that LE diodes on front panel brights very unevenly - one for HDD activity is OK, but unlike HP 8000, one for power on lights is barely visible. Is this also normal behavior, what's the status on your HP 8200 computer about this.

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I fired up both my 8200 Elite and 8000 Elite, which are about 5 feet from each other, and when I look straight at them, the green power LED's are not very bright.    You can easily tell that they are on, but that is about it.

I'm not going to say barely visible though.

They are exactly the same brightness though.

The hard drive activity lights are not very bright either. 

Mine don't run much because I have solid state drives in both PC's.

When I see them run, they are not brighter than the power LED's.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.