Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini 35W
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When trying to deploy OS from Windows Deployment Services we are unable to kick off the build as this model doesnt recognise the USB keyboard and mouse.

We have seen a similar issue on the EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF but as that model has a PS2 option we can use this as a workaround until the build process completes and injects the correct USB drivers.

These mini models don't have any PS2 connections so that option is gone! All other USB ports are USB3 and refuse to work which leaves us unable to kick off the imaging process and install the drivers.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I'd assume you already found the excellent info from Paul about there being a way to roll in USB3 drivers to a W7Pro installer build via a method from Intel.  Here is that source thread, if you did not find it:  Link

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/can-not-install-win...

The "restore" builds that HP includes on the original drive or via DVD generally have important drivers custom added in by HP, before they provide that "image" to load from.  I would contact HP directly to see if there is an option to purchase a W7Pro version for your specific model.  There has been the option to officially downgrade from W8 to W7.  This user's forum is not the official conduit for such requests. 

A nice feature of such builds is that the HP OEM COA is included, and once you create a finalized build to your specific needs you can capture that image and clone it to other of your same-type workstations and that COA will work on them also.  I'd personally want the 64-bit version, if available.  Of course, check to make sure that all the workstations you clone onto have the legal right to use that COA. 

HP Recommended

We were having the same issue, using an x86 boot image.  

Added all of the WinPE 3.0 drivers from:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_WinPE_DriverPack.html

After adding all of the drivers into our WDS boot image we were then able to use the mouse and keyboard, after PXE booting to WDS, to start the installation.

I hope that helps.

HP Recommended

So what if you are not network booting but instead simply trying to install Windows from a USB?  It's a complete joke that the keyboard and mouse don't work.  You could have simply included one legacy USB port that would have remediated this entire issue.  Thanks for yet another headache.

HP Recommended

It's the same concept, but the drivers are injected into the wim files on the USB media.

HP Recommended

So, if anyone could help me out on this issue, I already have a windows 7 USB installation 2.0 but how do I go about getting the USB 3.0 drivers ejected onto the current USB.  Any good walkthroughs on this? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.