Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Reset the cmos. If u are familiar. Open the machine up and locate the jumpers. Put it into tbe clear cmos position for a while. Than put it back to normal. For some reason with this motherboard it can take multiple tries. I had to leave the machine unplugged and the jumper in the clear cmos position overnight. And on my umteenth try it finally came back to life. Update the bios asap. No fartin around with anything else. Update right away. And u should be good to go. I havent had any issues since
HP Recommended

Thanks d0eb0y, i will give it a try again this week, hope this time works!

HP Recommended

d0eb0y is correct.  If you keep going through the motions of clearing the CMOS, possibly a few dozen times, the computer will (more than likely) finally boot up.  HP will give you absolutely no help with the problem whatsoever, other than offering to sell you another motherboard.  There have been literally many dozens of these HP all-in-ones go dark, usually after upgrading to Windows 10, and still HP will not acknowledge there is a problem with these computers.  As others have said earlier, it's probably due to some driver(s) that's not compatible with Windows 10 which finally messes up the bios (?), which will then fail to power up the screen.  Once I did get the computer to power up the screen and boot to windows, I downgraded from Windows 10 back to Windows 8.1 and did a bios uipgrade.  I have had no problems since.   Good luck.

HP Recommended

I've fixed this issue on both my Envy 23's running windows 10 after the WDF violation then nothing but black screen.
The bios reset to defaults procedure will only work randomly at best (1 in 100 tries) unless you do the following.
Remove all memory cards and install only 2gb of memory of same type (speed)
Reset procedure will then work perfectly, every time, allowing you to boot into windows with 2gb of memory (will be slow).
Put the latest bios firmware update on a USB (quicker to use another pc) and run the update in windows on the all in one. Then shut down, reinstall the original memory and all is good.
I tried everything for 2 days straight and this is what finally worked.
The reset bios procedure doesn't seem to work with Memory size larger than 2gb.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.