Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 AIO
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
HP Envy 23 AIO has stopped booting into the OS. The fan and HD spin up, but no beeps occur, no screen image, and the keyboard/mouse don't respond (wired and wireless, both tried). I dumped CMOS using the jumper, but that didn't work. I'm not sure if this is meaningful, but when I pull both DIMMs of RAM the computer does produce the long beep cycle. Any help is greatly appreciated.
41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

Hello @jeremy224rx,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your desktop computer shows a blank screen when it boots up, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To further diagnose this issue, I recommend following the steps in this resource on Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer. This should help return the display screen back to functionality

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the response. I cannot try the steps outlined in the article since a keyboard is not recognized. In fact, nothing seems to be recognized by any USB port, though I have confirmed power is making it to the USBs. When I plug in a Bluetooth sPeaker to charge, that works. But any mouse or keyboard does not function.
HP Recommended

Did you resolve your problem? I have the same issue, though suspect its the motherboard 

HP Recommended
No. Tried a lot of different trouble-shooting steps, but nothing seemed to work. Spoke with a few people that work on computers for a living and all agrees the motherboard was the likely issue. Problem with the integrated graphics being their 2nd thought. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth replacing either.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Ive just ordered a replacement motherboard, that should arrive wednesday, so will post an update whether it solves my problem.

I took mine to bits to see if their was any blown capacitors. When looking at my board, it appeared like their was some slight heat discoloration around some of the resistors under the memory slots. 

Kicking myself really, as i noticed it was going though a constant hibernate/wake cycle every 15 mins today and never investigated why. Ironically, the machine that this replaced died from the same issue! 

HP Recommended
That would be great if you can post your results. I did not have any blown capacitors or any signs of heat damage. Did notice that one of the CPU pins looked a bit bent.
HP Recommended

The new motherboard arrived  today.

I can confirm that it was the faulty part, as my pc is working again. Cost me £129 for a brand new, unused one from ebay. 

Disappointed that a machine that cost me £650 died just before its 2nd birthday. I will most likely go back to a monitor/tower setup when replacing as replacement parts are cheaper 😕

I had a closer inspection of the old motherboard, again, and it looks like new with no visual signs of failure. 

Good luck with fixing your own

HP Recommended

Well my joy way short lived...

Pc was used fine last night, fully working with the new board, but after turning it on again today.... same issue!

Time to throw it throught the window 😕

HP Recommended
Sorry to hear that the PC is failing again, especially after dropping some cash for the new MB. I think your window idea may be the best solution.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.