Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23

When I press the on button, the light comes up, the fans turn on, but the keyboard, mouse are not recognized, and the screen stays black.

I've tried Every single troubleshooting I could find on this thread, please don't link me to another.

it could be the BIOS, but you need the keyboard to activate it.

Please help, this is a 2,000$ computer.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @AnasZ,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with the computer remains black. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help to resolve this issue,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Was there any update/reset interrupted, recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a hard reset (Remove all cables from the AIO, hold the power button in for 30 seconds, reconnect the cables and restart the PC)

If the keyboard is still not working, I would suggest you try another wired keyboard and check if it works. If the other keyboard works, please attempt a Bios Recovery.

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance:

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank : Click here

HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP TouchSmart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer: Click here

If nothing works, I would suggest this could be a hardware issue with the PC, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have updated from Windows 8 to 10 (a long time ago), no other changes.

It was working perfectly right before.

THIS COULD BE USEFUL: the first time I turned it on after moving the PC, this message came up saying ":( your computer has ran into a problem" and one of the options was to Shut Down, which I did. Then when I turned it back on, my problem occurred. 

HP Recommended

Also, a

the wired keyboard doesn't work. I have opened the PC, removed the CMOS battery, and reconnected it... same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @AnasZ,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have tried connecting an external keyboard and still nothing works, I would personally suggest this could be a hardware issue, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.