cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kodiak64 Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 34c - HP My Display has stopped working

HP Envy 34c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my HP MY DISPLAY software has stopped working.  This is the softare that allows me to use the advanced features of 34" curved display.  I have downloaded all of the drivers/software on the support page but it hasn't helped.  I have uninstalled them and reinstalled and it has not helped.  When I try to open HP MY DISPLAY a messge pops up that says "Enumerating Display Devices phase 1" , then a large moving circle displays like it is waiting.  Then I get the error messge "HP My Display has stopped working".

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5903 5828 465 1568
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to fix your issue.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01317954

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Kodiak64 Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. The problem is not the driver. There is software called "HP My Display" that allows me to use advanced features of my monitor like split screen and picture in a picture. That is what is not working.
0 Kudos
NyxKai Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you found a solution yet? i'm having the EXACT same issue and its maddening.

0 Kudos
Kodiak64 Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.  After paying HP $60-- which really pisses me off by the way considering the thousands of dollars I have spent with them-- I was told that the drivers for that software are NOT compatible with Windows 10 and that you have to use the Windows 8 drivers.  Somewhere along the line, my drivers must have gotten updated to the Windows 10 version.  So they had to roll back to the Windows 8 version, and now it is working again.

Really HP?  Get your act together.  I expect more from a $1000 monitor.

Mike2243 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I work in IT and have gotten as far away from HP over the years, the reason is they are very slow compared to most of the other tech companies in updating drivers and software.

Sadly, I decided on the Envy as well for my company and like most companies we are running Windows 10.

And eveyone of our computers does the same thing. "HP My Display has stopped working"

The worst part is this won't be fixed in the next few weeks, the reason I strayed from HP is it will take them months to code for windows 10. If you think I am joking wait and see how long compared to any other tech company out there.

In my opinion it is better to stick with the bigger tech firms that have the talent pool to get this stuff done.

0 Kudos
Kodiak64 Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So apparently it is a driver problem. You have to roll back to the Windows 8 drivers to resolve the issue. The My Display software is not compatible with Windows 10 drivers. Once I rolled back it started working again. 😞
0 Kudos
swohoney Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do you roll back to windows 8 drivers? 

Kodiak64 Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try going to the support page and looking for software/ drivers for the monitor. Put your Operating system as Windows 8.1. You should be able to download those drivers and install. If you get a message that says there are newer drivers, ignore it.
deimos2016 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Goodmornig, I have the same problem with ENVY 34c with windows 7 pro 64bit 

I have Nvidia drivers updated and I installed last HP My Display software and drivers

I need halp but I think there is not solution the software or drivers are bugged.....  The problem is: I can't split monitor My Display doesn't keep my settings. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation