cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Blank Screen and no Ports Work

ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ENVY Touchsmart, when turned "on" runs, but there is a black screen, and no ports work.  Is this a software issue, motherboard issue or hard drive issue?  How can I get it functioning again?  Happened after a Windows 10 update (originally a Windows 8 OS)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
153 153 5 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer ,

Greetings for the day!!!

issue- BLANk SCREEM AND NOT PORTS ARE WORKING AFTER WIN 10 UPGRADE

PLEASE TRY THE BELOW STEPS:

POWER FLEE

1.please turn off the notebook remove all the peripherals connected including the charger .

2.keep the notebook turned off for say about 3-4 min and then switching on the notebook.

If in case above steps do not work,

Turn on the notebook by pressing the power button within 5 seconds continously keep tapping ESC ,once you are at the startup menu - select f11 from the keyboard.

f11 recovery - troubleshoot - recovery manager - i need immediate help - system recovery - without backup 

NOTE : COMPLETE DATA LOSS IS EXPECTED OF THE F11 SYSTEM RESCOVERY ONLY WIN AND SOME BASIC DRIVERS.

link :http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion, however, 

The computer is an all in one desktop, and because the ports do not work, I can not use an external keyboard (either USB port based or wireless).  Do you perhaps have an alternative suggestions? Thank you!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation