Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop 750-116
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When trying to browse more than 2 or 3 sites, internet suddenly comes to a halt. Wireless adaptor has disabled itself. When I right click and "enable," nothing happens. Restart/shut down brings the adaptor back, but restart/shut down fails and has to be manually completed. (As though the boot menu is getting stuck on the disabled adaptor.)

The problem started very intermittently, but has increased over time, now happening several times a day. Initally, internet browser was not affected, but now Chrome is freezing when it happens as well.

Tried to uninstall driver and that "froze" and 45 minutes later I had to go to work...came home to a computer that had somehow regained internet and restarted itself. Not sure how all that went down. 

Any words of wisdom would be helpful - or I think I am going to have to buy a new adaptor.

Thanks!

-Tara

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @TaraHead724,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you keeping losing the wireless adapter on your computer. Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Have you run HP Support Assistant on your computer?

Recommend you install and run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

For other troubleshooting steps refer to this HP Article and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Chimney_83. I have run the HP support assistant, it says my drivers are all up to date. 

HP Recommended

@TaraHead724

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

• Update the wireless driver through Device Manager.
  • Check and reset hardware.
  • Manually change network settings.
  • If these steps does not work , perform a system recovery.

Click here and refer the document to perform above steps.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.