cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gilpar
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Envy H8-1423 with Intel 730 ssd

HP Envy H8-1423
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I bought an Intel ssd 730 240 for my computer HP Envy H8-1423. I installed it with both cables, and when I turn on the computer, I cannot see it with disk & file Explorer. However when I go to the peripheral manager and the disk reader, I can see it is there. Also, I have loaded the Intel SSD toolbox, I can see the SSD but it says it has no partition. The Intel migration software does not see the SSD. I do not know where is the problem. Does that mean the Intel SSD is not compatible with my computer or do I have to change the UEFI settings, it uses actually the RAID, should it be AHCI or something else?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,542
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You cannot change uefi settings or it will not boot.

Try a different sata port on the mobo.

What do you plan to use the drive for?

0 Kudos
Gilpar
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for your reply.

I already tried different port but with no success.

I want to load Windows on it and have it as the main disk for general use. The actual Seagate HD is slow...

One thing I have done is to partition the disk with window and that works, so I can see it with file Explorer. The next step is to see it with the Intel Data migration tool which is not the case for the moment...

Gilbert

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation