cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Hard Disk Failure

hp envy 700-209
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've had my hpEnvy for about 9 months, about a month ago I got a black screen on start up saying there was a memory problem.

Last night it became a hard disk failure. Would not boot up at all. Luckily I managed to backeverything up a few days ago.

Multiple restarts and trys to get back to Windows, multiple black screens of Hard Disk Failure. I tried a system Refresh which brought me back to factory, but when it was downloading new hard drive diagnostics, it crashed again.

My warranty covers me until July, expecting that  I'll need a new hard drive.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 9
2,376 2,316 169 524
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like a HDD problem.

Have you created an HP Recovery disc set or USB drive? You will need this to reinstall your operating system if HP ships a replacement HDD to you. If HP provides an option to service your PC, HP will reimage your system when replacing the HDD. In any event you should try to backup any data you will need before replacing the HDD.

Your PC's support site is here. You can order Win 8.1 recovery media at this site if you have not created recovery media and are unable to do so now because of the imminent HDD failure. You can also contact HP Support from this site to initiate warranty service.

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos, Thumbs Up" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" to assist other forum users having a similar problem.

Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Jaco,

I did make a recovery disc set shortly after I firt got the computer, just in case.

I'll contact the HP Support.

Thanks so much!

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation