cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
razvanphp
Level 1
7 6 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy Recline 23 MCE Remote Control does not work

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just bought an Envy Recline 23 m202eg that included an USB DVB-T Tuner (AVerMedia A867) and a MCE Remote Control HP branded model Rothko (P/N 684258-L31).

The tuner works as expected, but the remote control has no effect at all, LED just blinks twice on every press and nothing else.

I should mention  that the eHome Infrared Transceiver driver in installed correctly, the HID windows service is running and I also tried the remote on an Intel NUC with built-in IR without any success.

Also, as advised on the back of the remote, I tried to sync it with the receiver by keeping "ï" and "#" pressed for 5 seconds, 6 cm to the receiver, but instead of getting 2 blinks for ok, the remote LED remains ON for a few minutes and then blinks 4 times.

I really have no other ideas, and I already wasted 2 days trying to make it work...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
razvanphp
Author
Level 1
7 6 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I figured it out, this remote control is NOT IR media center RC6 remote, even if it looks identical.

It also works without the AVerMedia DVB-T USB tunner plugged in my Recline, because it is using the 2.4GHz USB stick for mouse and keyboard - this is why it needs syncing.

So, this can be marked as solved, hope it helps somebody someday.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Dunidar
Retired
Retired
5,889 4,581 451 1,057
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello razvanphp,

I understand that you are having issues with your MCE Remote Control that you received with your HP ENVY Recline 23-m202eg TouchSmart Beats SE All-in-One Desktop PC. The issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue and I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options. Given how new your computer is this is your best option to ensure that your issues are properly documented and addressed.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Tags (1)
razvanphp
Author
Level 1
7 6 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I figured it out, this remote control is NOT IR media center RC6 remote, even if it looks identical.

It also works without the AVerMedia DVB-T USB tunner plugged in my Recline, because it is using the 2.4GHz USB stick for mouse and keyboard - this is why it needs syncing.

So, this can be marked as solved, hope it helps somebody someday.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation