cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy Recline 27-k150 Wireless keyboard not working

HP Recommended

I can sign in using the wireless keyboard but cannot use it afterwards.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 450 1,229
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Te-2,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that after logging into your HP ENVY Recline 27-k150 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC your unable to use your keyboard. I am providing you with an HP Support document: Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Troubleshooting, which should help you identify and resolve whatever is causing your keyboard to not respond.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a wonderul day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Dinudar.

After trying every single steps of the provided link, the wireless keyboard is still NOT functional. It will only allow me to sign-on and immediately following it become a useless piece of hardware to apoint where it is getting to be real frustrating to have to experience this problem from an expensive piece.  Any more suggestions?  I am leary on having to set the computer to factory settings since I have quite enough apps and programs loaded to it. 

Also does this system comes with a USB for this keyboard or it is built in?

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/9ab621f8/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 450 1,229
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again @Te-2,

I can understand your frustration. It sounds like there is something disabling your keyboard when you log in so I would like you to try the steps set out within the HP Support document:Windows 8 Safe Mode, which will walk you through disabling all your startup items and hopefully your keyboard works at this point.

If your keyboard is working when you are in Safe Mode I would like you to try to identify what is causing this issue. To do this I would like you to enable 50% of the Services you disabled. If everything still works I would like you to enable the other 50% of the Services. If your keyboard still works we know it is not your Services that are the problem and can start on the Startup Items. I would like you to now enable 50% of the Startup Items and test to see if your keyboard still works. If it does enable the last 50% of your Startup Items.

At some point during this process the keyboard should have stopped working. When this happens I want you to disable half of the 50% that you just enabled. If the problem persists still you then disable half of the remainder. You keep doing this until you narrow down what Service or Startup Item is causing your issue. Please re-post if you require assistance with removing the software that you have identified.

If however when you first went into Safe Mode your keyboard still does not work you can try it on another computer and see if it works on there. You can remove the dongle for the keyboard and mouse from the back of the computer. I am including images below to help.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

If the keyboard and mouse work on another computer we need to put them back on your computer and then backup and recover your computer. To backup your personal information and ensure that it is not lost I would like you to review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Backing Up Your Files (Windows 😎, which will ensure your personal files are up to date.

***WARNING!! If you want to keep any emails or bookmarks/favorites you will want to back those up as well as I do not believe they are backed up in the HP Backup process.

Next, I would like you to review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎, which will you through recovering your computer back to factory settings.

*** IMPORTANT - Your personal files such as libraries, personalization settings, user accounts, and desktop themes are permanently removed. As well the computer settings are returned to the defaults (the way it was when it came from the factory). All apps and software that were installed on the computer when it came from the factory are reinstalled, and their settings are reset to the defaults. Additionally, software, apps, programs, and everything that you have installed or saved on the computer are permanently removed.

If the above steps did not resolve your issue please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
140 106 8 48
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi..

This is not a physical problem as you are able to login..

Now try this..

Right click on the start button on your bottom left of the screen..
Then click on control panel..
Move to Ease Of Access Center - Make changes to your keyboard..
Then turn off all the special keys kisted there..
This is to do with sticky keys and filter keys..
Turn off all the special keys..
Save the changes..
and the KB should work..

Revert back if problem persists..
Clicking Kudos! Is a nice way to say Thank You if this helped you or resolved your problem. Also " Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

- Aves..
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aves_S .....

Thanks so much for the help. IT WORKED!!!!!! 

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d535d4f2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
140 106 8 48
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
you r welcome...
Clicking Kudos! Is a nice way to say Thank You if this helped you or resolved your problem. Also " Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

- Aves..
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP!!! After resolving my earlier problem with my keyboard, I cannot now even use my mouse or keyboard ... not even to sign in.  Neither one works.

Please help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation