cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RandomBen
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Rove 20 - Windows 10 issues: Hibernation and sound not working

Envy Rove 20
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my Envy Rove 20 over the weekend to Windows 10. Issues:

1. When the PC attempts to hibernate the power light stay iluminated and it never switches off (I've left it for 10 mins or so, all hard disk activity has finished). I have to hold down the power button to power it off, then power it up from scratch. I had load of issues with this when I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and resolved them by installing the HP Wireless Button Driver v1.1.2.1. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing this. It didn't help.

2. The sound on youtube (via Microsoft Edge browser and youtube apps) is broken up and distorted. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @RandomBen,

I have read your post on how your HP Envy Rove 20 is not producing any sound, and is experiencing hibernation issues since it was upgraded to Windows 10. I would be happy to help you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. Below is a is an HP Support document that will demonstrate how to find your computer's product number. 

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

In the meantime, I also suggest performing any missed Windows Updates (important and optional) to ensure your system is installed with the latest supported software.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
RandomBen
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. Product number is E1L48EA.

I rolled back to Windows 8.1 as I needed to get the sound and hibernaton working. I might try Windows 10 again in a few months. 

Thanks for responding to my post.

0 Kudos
RandomBen
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I decided to give Win 10 another go as there were a few new drivers available from HP for my device. I've installed all the Windows Updates and latest HP drivers.

The results are better than first time around. The sound issue is sorted (I actually think this was a problem with Hyper which is a YouTube app and not the sound drivers).

The hibernation problem is now improved, but not sorted. This is the behavior:

1. If I click Start ->  Hiberbate it hibernates OK, and resumes OK
  2. If I let the system Hibernate with the timer, it hangs during hibernation, and never powers off. I have to then long-press the power button to power it off, then power it on as normal.

The main difference is that with 2 it goes to 'Sleep' mode first (this bit works fine) then hibernate, whereas 1 skips 'Sleep' mode.

So my conclusion is that there's an issue going from 'Sleep' to 'Hibernate'.

Things I've tried:

• Using battery vs plugged in: Made no difference
  • Resetting the power scheme defaults: Made no difference

My next test is to try bypasssing sleep altogether by stting the timers to:

• Sleep after 10 mins
  • Hibernate after 1 min

Any other ideas welcome as always.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI again RandomBen,

It is good to hear back from you!

To correct the issues with your computer's hibernation mode, I recommend following the steps in this document on Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎. This should help to enable hibernation mode successfully on your desktop.

I also recommend following the steps below to restore the default power schemes on your system:

Step 1. Click the Start button
Step 2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"
Step 3. Right-click Command Prompt

Step 4. Click Run as administrator
Step 5. At the command prompt, type powercfg /restoredefaultschemes and press Enter 

reference: http://superuser.com/questions/669571/windows-8-1-64-bit-power-schemes-gone

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation