Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
c0rrupt555 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Touchsmart 20-d013w Blank Screen Issue

Envy Touchsmart 20
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a HP Envy Touchsmart 20-d013w PC. The problem with it is, when powered on, fans come on, optical drive makes noise, HDD spins up, etc, but I get 5 blink code from the power light. I've tried different RAM and both RAM slots, reseating the CPU,etc, clearing CMOS, the screen just stays blank, now if the original hard drive is put in, eventually after the blink code, the PC looks like its booting up, but the screen remains black (no backlight or picture). If i take the RAM out, it beeps (so i guess that part is working), I also tried a different CPU as well, same.

I did try the flashlight on the screen trick to see if maybe the backlight wasnt working, i could not see a faint picture. Has anyone else experienced this? I read somewhere someone else had the issue and it was a bad bios. I tried to do a BIOS recovery, but nada, It doesn't seem to go through. Is there a special BIOS recovery procedure for this PC?. I am thinking the motherboard is shot, somewhere along the POST there is a problem which makes the LED beep code.

Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping it is just the board, and not the panel, or anything. Note: Also this has the Integrated HD graphics on the cpu, not a MXM card, and yes i did check to make sure the LCD was plugged into the correct video out connector as well.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
7336 358 762
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @c0rrupt555,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your desktop computer screen shows a blank display, and I would be happy to help you!

To correct this issue and return the visual back to your computer's display, I recommend following the steps in this document on Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards :)

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Misfire Tutor
Tutor
15 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I know its been several months since you posted about your Envy 20 screen going blank, but I wanted to see if you every got it resolved. Mine is a 20-d113w.

I have the same issue and have tried anything and everything I could think of to get mine back up, but no luck.

HP says its an issue with the motherboard, but I am just not convinced yet.  I am trying to find a way to connect power directly to the motherboard, but looks like I would have to take it apart even further to see where the power connection is.

If you have any suggestions, please contact me.

I am ready to try just about anything at this point

Thanks,

Misfire

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
41 0 17
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Now I am happy that my HP ENVY 20 TouchSmart All-In-One computer was fixed and is running flawlessly. If you like, you may wish to contact Computer Handyman George at hikarikenkyuujo@gmail.com. In your e-mail, please state the make, model name, model number, product number and the symptoms of your computer for a non-obligation consultation.

Similarly, if you would like to recycle your computer, you may wish to contact Computer Handyman George too.

Hope that you will get your computer up and running again!

Best Wishes,
Chris

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation