Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PC is showing the Smart tv is not connected under device manager. Any help is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Can you see information on TV screen ? Which section/component on Device Manager you are looking for ?

PC will see TV as an external monitor and it will not show on Device Manager,  but under Display from Control Panel. There are few ways to access Display properties, please try the following way

(a) Right click a blank space on Desktop,

(b) Selet Display settings (Windows 10) or Personalize then Display (others),

Now you should see 2 numbers (1 and 2). Number 2 is the TV (or external monitor).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Use the remote-control for your Smart-TV to try each of the available inputs, such as:

* HDMI 1

* HDMI 2

* DVI

* PC

* S-Video

* Component

* Composite

in order to get the TV to "listen" to the audio/video cable outputing from your PC inputing  to your TV.

Or, are you trying to use something like the Google "ChromeCast" device to make a wireless connection?

HP Recommended

banhien,

Thanks for responding. I should have mentioned that I am trying to connect wirelessly. I followed your suggestion and the display settings is showing a number 1; when I try to connect a wireless device (TV) from the PC, the device will not connect. The TV passes the network connection tests. When I go to the PC device manager from "settings" tab and "add a device", the TV seems to try to load (green bar travelling...but not all the way). The PC screen appears on TV but is not active. When I go to "screencast" mode on TV, the TV is not recognizing the PC. I have wildblue satellite internet service and I have noticed the TV states I have a 2.2 Mbps and TV recommends 2.5 Mbps for SD.

Thank you,

Philip

HP Recommended

mdklassen,

Thanks for responding. I am trying to connect wirelessly to TV via a router. I have sattelite internet with wildblue. The issue seems to be that the "screencast" function is not recognizing the PC; although the TV "network" tests both "pass" for network and internet connections. I have called Philips 3 times and they directed me to HP. I am stuck trying to get screencast wirelessly. However my laptop has a HDMI port and will screencast hard wired to HDMI TV port #3.

Thank you,

Philip

HP Recommended

>  I have noticed the TV states I have a 2.2 Mbps and TV recommends 2.5 Mbps for SD.

I am not sure what you are trying to do.

Your "Smart" TV is a computer with wireless capability.

You seem to be able to connect wirelessly to the wireless network provided by your wireless router, to make the TV a device on your private network.

It's the distance (and the walls) between your TV and your wireless router that is producing an "effective" data-transfer rate of 2.2 Megabits/second, even though the router is capable of transmitting at 2.5 Megabits/second.

In the same way, your computer is a device on your private network.

wireless-bridge-network.jpg

See: http://mywindowshub.com/stream-videos-from-windows-7-pc-to-tv/

"Stream Videos from Windows 7 PC to DLNA supported Smart TV"

which I think describes what you are trying to do.

Am I correct?

HP Recommended

Yes. I am trying to screencast the video from my PC screen wirelessly to the TV. However, it appears to me that my PC is not connecting to the TV and that the TV is not recognizing the PC; at least in the "screencast" mode. Looking at your diagram, is it possible for me to run an ethernet cable from the router to the TV and be able to screencast form the PC to the TV?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

>  Looking at your diagram, is it possible for me to run an ethernet cable from the router to the TV and be able to screencast from the PC to the TV?

Doubtful.  Even if you had a "cross-over" Ethernet cable, rather than a "straight-through" cable.

If you want to run a cable, make it an HDMI cable, to bypass the whole "screencast" software/hardware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.