cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ldevine15
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP Envy X2 screen rotation broken

HP Recommended

Hello, since a couple days ago the auto-rotation on my HP Envy X2 stopped working. The only way I can change it is manually in the "Screen Resolution" settings. Not sure whats causing it, any help would be great 

Thanks

Lincoln

7 REPLIES 7
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,885 83 185
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Idevine15:

Welcome to HP's forum. I am not sure what you are talking about. Maybe this page may help you . http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03523373  Please let us know if it does help or not. Thank you frrw.

0 Kudos
ldevine15
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry that post you linked wasn't helpful. I might have posted this in the wrong section.

The accelerometer is non functioning within the device. If I turn it to portrait, the desktop should auto adjust but it is locked in landscape orientation

0 Kudos
Dunidar
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 451 1,229
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Idevine15

I am linking you to a post by @erico that explains how to fix what you are describing.

Gyro not working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Gyro-not-working/m-p/2665749/highlight/true#M98521

Please feel free to re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
georgev1810
Level 1
13 8 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My auto rotation still doesn't work even though the lock isn't on
0 Kudos
steama
2 2 0 2
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Envy X2 auto rotation stopped working after a Windows 10 upgrade.

Called HP support several times --- completely useless. One tech was completely lost in Windows 10. All attemps to correct auto rotation failed. Yes, I knew were ALL the settings even better than the foreign HP techs.

It would be nice if HP could utilize American labor for American's support instead of these foreign techs. It is really a complete shame when Americans need jobs big American companies like HP are outsourcing. Where is the loyalty for buying an HP?

SirY
Level 1
10 9 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)

0 Kudos
maxwitat
2 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Had that issue and found out that automatic screen rotation isn't working when AMT is disabled. We had disabled it for security reasons by using the BiosConfigUtility64. I know of course that AMT doesn't seem to have any relation to the screen rotation feature but the test results are very clear.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation