cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NateS
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP LP3065 30" LCD problems

I've been using my HP LP3065 30" LCD for about 6 months without problems. A few weeks ago the screen went black for about 10 seconds, then came back. Since then, it has begun doing this more and more often. Now, when I first turn it on, the screen is black for about 10 to 90 seconds before the picture appears. Over the next 10 or so minutes, the screen will randomly go black for about 10 to 90 seconds, then come back. After about 10 minutes of this, the strange behavior stops and I can use the monitor indefinitely (at least 5+ hours) without any further problems. I'm afraid if I don't do anything, eventually the monitor will just stay black all the time.

When the screen goes black, the monitor's backlight stays on. Sometimes the power LED stays green, other times the LED turns orange. A couple times I saw the power LED turn off, even though the monitor's backlight was on. Power cycling the monitor or changing inputs does not help.

I have tried different DVI cables, different DVI ports on the monitor, and different DVI ports on my video card. My card is an Nvidia GTX275 and the resolution I use is the native 2560x1600. I have monitored the GPU temperature and the graphics card is not overheating. The OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I have verified that I have the latest video drivers for my card.

I don't have another monitor to try, much less one I could try at the same resolution. From the symptoms, my best guess is that the monitor is at fault. I purchased the monitor from bhphotovideo.com on March 23rd, 2010. I assume it is still under warranty? Unfortunately, I no longer have the box for the monitor, which makes shipping more difficult. Since I don't have another monitor, ideally I would buy a new HP LP3065, place the old one in the new box, and return the old one so that I could be issued a refund. Is this possible?

Where do I go to begin my return process? Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
1ke
Level 3
96 87 0 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sounds like power problems, maybe bad caps?  1800HPINVENT  is the number to call.

Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,807 5,035
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Your monitor should be covered by warranty.

HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
NateS
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the responses. I called and got transferred to the business department, because apparently my monitor is special. They sent someone to my house to deliver a new monitor and took the old one. This is fantastic service! I was worried because I didn't have the box to ship it anywhere. I will definitely lean toward HP products because I've never had such great service like this. I'm sure if I had purchased a regular retail monitor there would be a different story, but for large (expensive) items tha are classified as business items, HP is the way to go.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation