Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Millie18 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the program to stop working correctly.

Pavilion p6680t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I go to open HP MediaSmart, on the drop down menu I click on Video. It opens briefly and about 5 seconds I get the message "HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will notify me if a solution is available.  

I ran the sfc.exe (system file checker tool from microsoft as administrator)  and it passed with result of "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

I can play a DVD, i can open my photos but I can't view my videos or load any new ones using HP MediaSmart.

I have restarted the computer several times with no help.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the program to stop working correctly.

Hi@Millie18,

Welcome to forums HP Forums. One stop for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

HP Media smart cam software not working. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

I recommend you try uninstalling the software once and check if that helps.

Use the link below to download the latest software for your PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL35724/pv-88067-1/sp49818.exe

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation