cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Limon8
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After doing the upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium from Vista Home Premium I was unable to use MediaSmart and now cannot play my blue-rays, but after 3 hours with tech support I have also lost my webcam on my Pavilion dv7-1468nr. Does anyone know how I can successfully install MediaSmart Webcam software that was originally working before calling tech support? Also when i spoke to tech support about the Applying transforms verify valid erroe they did not acknowledge it as existing.

0 Kudos
jv2010
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded Cyberlink Youcam - which seems to be the same program as the MediaSmart Webcam. It is a limited program - but works until HP fixes the MediaSmart issues.

0 Kudos
mainz2kc
2 2 0 0
Message 23 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Managed to install everything after several days of trying and failing i have a hp hdx16 and had all the same issues as all of use:

Error applying transforms.

Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

c:\hp\temp\src\1033.mst error on all mediasmart software even though i uninstalled it before upgrading to windows 7 i think the problem is to do with registry files so what i did first got a registry cleaner e.g cleanmypc- registry cleaner (free licence code on youtube)..cleaned registry files with it....then went into my registry (by clicking start then type regedit) ctrl F to search the registry and look for old mediasmart software & cyberlink(e.g put cyberlink in the search field) delete everything you find on your computer including searching your drive. the real fix that worked for me after doing all of the above .......the following i system restore a few times till i finally got it right because i must have deleted a windows installer file so it wouldn't install or uninstall somethings but dont worry system restore will fix any errors you do to your registry. You dont have to do it if you dont want to but the following worked for me.click start type ''regedit'' press ctrl F then search 1033.mst (if thats the error code your getting like i was) and delete the files that come up. I also suggest running the installation after everytime you delete a registry to see if it works and avoid deleteing registrys that do not need deleteing. Hope This Works Like It Did For Me

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation