Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MikeBog Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Monitor

Hp monitor

I am trying to get audio using my HP monitor as a stand alone video monitor using my cable set top and a DVI to HDMI connection. Can I do thsi somehow. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
74502 74392 9069 19555
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Monitor

Hi,

DVI does not carry sound. You need a similar adapter to the following one to be able to get sound from DVI to HDMI

https://www.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/DVI-to-HDMI-Video-Converter-with-Audio~DVI2HDMIA

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation