Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp omen 870-102nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

every time i connect to the internet with LAN the connection is ok then lost after few minutes, so i use wifi at the same time, then after few minutes i loose connection so i turn wifi off then it works and so on.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @MALI-72, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have wireless issues with your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Please update BIOS, Ethernet drivers and wireless drivers on your PC and check if the issue persists.

Link to update BIOS.

Link to update Ethernet drivers.

Also, update wireless drivers using this link.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for the response. it is not just wireless. i have ADSL at home, every time i use the internet the connection is not stable so i activate the wifi and join the net, then after few minutes the connection is lost again, so i turn the wifi off back to LAN. i observed this problem only with win 10 pc, my old win 7 was ok.

i tried your solution but i did not work.

HP Recommended

@MALI-72, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after updating the drivers the issue still persists.

Please try the steps recommended below.

HP Support Assistant is a software support diagnosis and troubleshooting tool from HP that can resolve many types of network and Internet connection issues. Follow these steps to diagnose and troubleshoot network issues using HP Support Assistant:
If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, the F12 key, or a key labeled with a symbol of an airplane.
If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps.
If your computer does not have a wireless key or the wireless activity light remains off or orange, then continue using these steps.
In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.
If HP Support Assistant is not installed on your computer, you can go to the HP Support Assistant site to download and install the HP Support Assistant software.
If your computer cannot connect to the Internet, use the steps in Using Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter in this document.
In the My devices screen, select your device from the options listed.
The My devices menu screen is displayed.
On the My devices menu screen, click Internet and Security.
Click HP Network Check.
If a User Account Control message opens, click Yes to allow the computer to make changes.
On the HP Network Check Welcome screen, click Next to run the network diagnostic.
If the diagnostic test found no issues, close the windows and continue to the next section.
If the diagnostic test found one or more issues, continue following the steps in this section.
Click Possible Root Causes.
Click one of the tool icons for steps to resolve the issue, then follow the on-screen instructions.
After completing the instructions, click Re-check.
HP Support Assistant checks the network connectivity

Refer this article to further troubleshoot connection issues.

If the issue still persists, please perform a complete system recovery on your PC and check if it works.

Refer this article to know how to perform system recovery from the partition.

I will watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice.

I tried all the options you put but none worked, so i called the ISP and the PC vendor.

The ISP adviced to check/change the wiring and the PC vendor checked the PC and found nothing wrong.

anyway, i plan to install Windows 7, the best Windows available, so my questions are; can i add another hard drive on my Omen 870-102nx and can i install windows 7 on that hard drive ?.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @MALI-72, I am the Jeet_singh. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I understand you want to know if you can add another hard drive and install windows 7 on it. I'll try my best to help you with this,

I did check the product specification and found that the original operating system which was installed on the PC was Windows 10. HP does not recommend downgrading of OS, however, you could go ahead and install Window 7 at your own discretion, Yes, you could go ahead and add a new hard drive and then install Windows 7 which should work, should you come across any issues, I would suggest you contact Microsoft for further assistance. 

I hope this answers your question, let me know if you need any further assistance, I'll be more than happy to help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.