cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shellysei Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Officejet 6600 document stuck in print queue

Please help - I urgently need to do some printing and have a doucment stuck in the print queue.  I have tried deleting it several times, have turned my pc and printer off and back on but with no luck - the document is still there.  How do I delete this document?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost
Provost
52,748 49,455 9,892 16,594
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

From the Desktop, hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document(s) have been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Tericycle Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I wanted to say couldn't you make this easier BUT then I tried it and it wasn't so hard after all...I didn't know where you wanted me to browse c:\windows so I'm trying it without that part

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation